Joy of Life
Joy of Life
That lonesome night as he lays dying in the hospital, fearing of death and desiring the taste of life, his mind became unprecedentedly complex with mixed emotions.
Myasthenia gravis — an incurable disease where one’s muscle slowly degenerated until the day when one can no longer move and only tears may flow.
“Is this… dying?”
When he opened his eyes again, he had crossed over into the body of a two months old infant, right in the middle of an assassination attempt.
He was born as the illegitimate son of a noble. His name was Fan Xian; and with that name came the burden of deep political secrets and the legacy of his mother.
He understood; to survive, he needed unparalleled strength, money and political power.
To a new world with the luxury of a new life, so named; Celebrating the Remaining Life.
- Chapter 1: A Length of Black Cloth
- Chapter 2: Story Time
- Chapter 3: The Nameless Yellow Book
- Chapter 4: Practice and Study
- Chapter 5: The Nocturnal Visitor
- Chapter 6: The Pillow
- Chapter 7: The Guest
- Chapter 8: The Cemetery
- Chapter 9: Age is Just a Number
- Chapter 10: No Shame in Asking
- Chapter 11: The Fifth Grandmaster?
- Chapter 12: Overpowering Qi
- Chapter 13: The Crude, Simple Explanation
- Chapter 14: The Sea Salt Merchant
- Chapter 15: Farewell for Now, Fei Jie
- Chapter 16: A Letter from the Capital
- Chapter 17: I Offer This Kitchen Knife to You
- Chapter 18: Blood and Tears
- Chapter 19: A Matter of Dignity
- Chapter 20: Standing at the Top
- Chapter 21: Pain
- Chapter 22: “The Poets”
- Chapter 23: Maokouzi
- Chapter 24: Assassin
- Chapter 25: Tofu Like Jade
- Chapter 26: The Old Man in the Blanket
- Chapter 27: The Overwatch Council
- Chapter 28: Nighttime Reading with a Beautiful Girl
- Chapter 29: The Book Thief
- Chapter 30: The Past
- Chapter 31: The Singing Visitor
- Chapter 32: Tipping the Boat
- Chapter 33: Idle Years
- Chapter 34: Zhu the Cool
- Chapter 35: Memories of a Rainy Night
- Chapter 36: The Spring of the 4th Year
- Chapter 37: To the Capital?
- Chapter 38: Last Night
- Chapter 39: Leaving Danzhou Harbor
- Chapter 40: Approaching the Capital
- Chapter 41: Entering Fan Manor
- Chapter 42: Lady Liu
- Chapter 43: Ruoruo’s Lessons
- Chapter 44: Father and Son
- Chapter 45: Palace Intrigues
- Chapter 46: Old Friends in a Distant City
- Chapter 47: The Treasured Red Book
- Chapter 48: Street Literature
- Chapter 49: In the Restaurant
- Chapter 50: What is Strength?